Monday, September 5, 2011

Back to School!


Today is the day all the little ones in Italy are heading back to school. Such an exciting time. A time of new backpacks, mechanical pencils and crisp blank notebooks just waiting to be filled up. A time to wonder what your new teacher will be like, if you'll get to be in the same class as your best friend, and what new friends you might make. Ah, those were the days.

Well, guess what? I'm going back too! Well, not exactly back to elementary school, although that would be fun too.

It's been a long time since I've been a student. In fact, it's nearly a decade since I finished graduate school! Yikes! Now, I haven't decided to go back to university (I kind of swore I would never do that again, but actually, never say never), but I am taking a course. A pretty in-depth course by the look of it. I won't go into the whys and wheres of it, but it will cover Roman history, from ancient to present as well as Italian Art History, and specifically works of art found in Rome. As you might have guessed, this course was made for me, and I absolutely can't wait for my first day: today!

The course meets four times a week for the next three months, so I'm warning you now that this blog may get a touch history-heavy for the time being. My plan is to post about every bi-weekly lesson and every bi-weekly visit, in order to make sure I am fully absorbing everything. Hopefully you'll bear with me, and come along as I learn even more about my favorite subject in the world: Roma.


StumbleUpon Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Brava cara, sono geloso, goditela!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say, "Brava cara" also, Tiffany. I'm so proud of you! PLM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...